Tired. Out of sorts. Blah. Want to eat. Want to weigh. Want to sleep.

I don’t know what’s going on (other than it’s not PMS). I’m tired. Out of sorts. Blah. I want to eat. I crave chocolate. I want to weigh myself every hour. I want to sleep.

I want a responsibility-free day. But that’s not going to happen. So I’m just going to put one foot in front of the other and move through it. Got my exercise done. Eating healthy. Getting my work done. Taking care of my family. Doing what I need to do.

Maybe at lunch I’ll take a short nap. My kids were up sick all night, so maybe I’m just tired.

This, too, shall pass, and then I’ll be my positive energetic self. Just one of those days!

Wed, September 24 2008 » Cravings, Motivation, Persistence, Stress eating

1. Sarah September 24 2008 @ 10:52 am

up all night w kids…generally equals blah for me. also, I think that this sounds like wacky hormone fluctuations — which might not coincide w pms.

2. Alexia September 24 2008 @ 10:59 am

It does, doesn’t it. They do say fat loss releases all that extra estrogen. Look out, world! Mwah hah hah 😉

Let’s see if the Nutella ends up in my food diary. 😐

3. kate September 24 2008 @ 2:23 pm

Don’t eat. Go ahead, have a LITTLE dark chocolate (dove singles are only 23 calories each) DON’T eat the whole bag. Take a nap. Get up. Do some crunches or steps… and feel better.

Let’s face it, lack of sleep and puking kids plays havoc with out diets. Take some time to take care of you.

4. Just_Kelly September 24 2008 @ 2:28 pm

Way to have a positive attitude. I succumbed to PMS cravings this afternoon but am going to counter them with a run and maybe water aerobics. Just got to keep on trucking right?

5. Annette September 24 2008 @ 3:48 pm

yeah I would say you are just a worn out mommy :) Maybe get some fresh air and sun if possible. It works great for the mood!

6. Alexia September 24 2008 @ 4:15 pm

I think you are right, guys! Tired mom here. I didn’t get a nap, but I ate OK and am going to go cook a nice healthy dinner right now. I had a productive work day and my kids respected the closed door while I was on the phone. Maybe we’ll eat out on the porch if it’s warm enough. I am going to exercise a little more to perk up after I get the kids in bed. I’ll spend some time with my husband, catching up on his day. Then, I will shoot for a good night’s sleep. Meaning no reading all your wonderful inspiring blogs until 1am tonight 😉

I actually was so busy, I didn’t think much about food this afternoon. I’ve been practicing intuitive eating. I gave myself permission to have some chocolate if I wanted it — as soon as I gave myself permission, I got busy and forgot about it. Huh, maybe this IE stuff works.

7. Angie September 24 2008 @ 7:21 pm

I hope tomorrow you are feeling better and that this feeling has passed. Being up all night with sick little ones would be enough to do that to ya for sure.

Stay away from those things mentioned in para 1, except the sleeping of course 😉

8. Alexia September 24 2008 @ 8:52 pm

Kids in bed, off to bed, a successful day in the end. Everything passes :-)

9. Carrie September 24 2008 @ 10:13 pm

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I can’t wait to do this challenge with you! We are going to kick some major butt! Just think how great of a start to the new year we will all have, being healthier!! Keep up the great work!

10. MizFit September 25 2008 @ 5:42 am

we all have those days huh?

HERES HOPING THURSDAY IS STARTING OUT BETTER.
    for me lack of sleep can magnify everything (my toddler? UP.ALL.LAST.NIGHT.)

Miz.

11. Alexia September 25 2008 @ 8:36 am

I agree, Carrie!

Oh, no, Miz! Mine let me sleep until 4, then went back to bed until 6:30. Then, I just decided to get up and do my exercise. SHE crawled into my warm vacated spot and watched me. lol Feeling good today!